Thursday, May 19, 2005

Obi-Wan is so hot...

How excited was I about seeing Episode III? So excited, I changed my outgoing voice mail message: "This is Jessi's inspirational thought for the week. 'Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.' Leave a message." Not only paying homage to the original trilogy, but my new favorite TV show as well (Veronica Mars, in case you were wondering). The reactions to the change have been mixed. Liz giggled and told me that she felt inspired to go out and change the world, Roger demanded that I change it back because it was "stupid," and Rich just said, "Yoda, man, that's awesome."

Moving on...

I was so excited, I requested Thursday off so I would have enough time to recuperate from the midnight showing. Unfortunately, we're in the midst of a big move at the store, and I could only take the first half of the day off. I was really tired, but it was worth it. Kinda.

I was so excited, I went to Burger King for dinner, specifically to get a Star Wars toy with my meal. When the guy told me my total was less than $5, I thought that was strange but it wasn't until I left the drive-through and was on the way to Jeff's house that I realized it was because he hadn't given me a toy like I asked. Or charged me for one, so I guess that was ok.

Jeff, Matt, Fran, Jay, Kevin, Adam and I were so excited, we met up at Jeff's house to watch the Clone Wars before the show so we would be prepared. Actually, Fran and I made Adam watch the clip show of America's Next Top Model while we were waiting for the others to get back from the store with supplies for Jell-O shots. (Which, fyi, are not nearly as good when I make them as when Liz makes them. Sad.) We didn't actually make it through the entire Clone Wars by the time we left for the theater. Oh, well.

I guess the one thing I learned was that, no matter how many fanboys praise a movie, never get too excited. Which is not to say that I thought Episode III was bad. It was good. Much better than the first two (which, granted, is not saying much, but still...) It was also really long, and a bit slow to begin. And the schmaltzy dialogue (excuse me, "dialog," apparently) between Padme and Anakin made me roll my eyes constantly. But I liked it, and I'll probably go see it again - not at midnight, since I was so tired, I kept drifting off - just to get a better feel for it.

After the movie, we went back to the house to play Star Wars Trivial Pursuit: the Saga Edition. Kevin and Matt totally hosed everyone else, but we had a lot of fun. Oh, and that one spoilery question we read a few weeks ago? Was so wrong. There were actually four, not six, beasts pulling the cart. I think we all counted when that scene came on, cause that was one of the first things we talked about as we left the theater. We are so geeky. :)

No comments: