Sunday, June 29, 2008

24 Hour Read-A-Thon Hour 19 Mini-Challenge

Care posted a mini-challenge last hour; it's still up, so I'm going to take a crack at it. I haven't been reading for the read-a-thon, but I did finish Lords and Ladies last night and I had marked a few quotes that I wanted to share. This one isn't technically a run-on sentence, but it is sort of long. Mostly it amuses me:

Technically, a cat locked in a box may be alive or it may be dead. You never know until you look. In fact, the mere act of opening the box will determine the state of the cat, although in this case there were three determinate states the cat could be in: these being Alive, Dead, and Bloody Furious.

3 comments:

Ana S. said...

lol :D A great quote from a great book!

Care said...

yes, quite amusing!

Bybee said...

It's definitely true.