Saturday, October 18, 2008

24-Hour Read-a-Thon: Hour Eleven

Title of book(s) read since last update: Bella at Midnight, Diane Stanley
Number of books read since you started: 2, part of 1
Titles of books read since you started: Pretties, Scott Westerfeld; Harry Potter y la camara secreta, J.K. Rowling
Pages read since last update: 117
Running total of pages read since you started: 581
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 70 minutes
Running total of time spent reading since you started: 344 minutes
Mini-challenges completed: Freerice.com mini-challenge, Sarah's foreign language mini-challenge, Meryl's book quote mini-challenge, Freerice.com 2, Icedream's book cover mini-challenge
Other participants you’ve visited: 0 this hour
Prize you’ve won: none (yet!)

I finished my second book! Bella at Midnight was NOT the Cinderella tale I thought it would be. I quite enjoyed it. And guess what? Nimbus - one of my words from the Freerice.com mini-challenge - was used in the book! That made me smile.

I feel a lot better now that I've showered and changed. My roommate even made a cake, which I will post a picture of in my next update. She made a wonderful dinner of fettuccine Alfredo with scallops, mushrooms, and peas. I wasn't super-hungry, but it sure tasted wonderful! We have a whole pot left over for when I do get hungry again in the middle of the night.

Now I'm off to stretch my legs and complete Kim's mini-challenge. Happy reading! :)

No comments: