Sunday, October 19, 2008

24-Hour Read-a-Thon: Hour Twenty

Title of book(s) read since last update: 2 short stories: "The Festival," H.P. Lovecraft; "The Watcher in the Mill," W.J. Wintle; The Ghosts of Charleston, Edward B. Macy and Julian T. Buxton III
Number of books read since you started: 2, parts of 3; 2 short stories
Titles of books read since you started: Pretties, Scott Westerfeld; Harry Potter y la camara secreta, J.K. Rowling; Bella at Midnight, Diane Stanley; "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge" and "A Horseman in the Sky," Ambrose Bierce; The Graveyard Book, Neil Gaiman; "The Festival," H.P. Lovecraft; "The Watcher in the Mill," W.J. Wintle
Pages read since last update: 44
Running total of pages read since you started: 625
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 60 minutes
Running total of time spent reading since you started: 591 minutes
Mini-challenges completed: Freerice.com mini-challenge, Sarah's foreign language mini-challenge, Meryl's book quote mini-challenge, Freerice.com 2, Icedream's book cover mini-challenge, Kim's "walkin' and snappin'" mini-challenge, Mid-Event Survey, Hour 14 question, Sharon's Very Mini-Library Cat Challenge, softdrink's 10 list challenge, Tracy's Mini Challenge-Caption This Photo, C.B.'s short story mini-challenge, Carl's R.I.P. mini-challenge
Other participants you’ve visited: Mari and Andi
Prizes you’ve won: none (yet!)

Well, I'm pretty sure I won't be dropping off to sleep again anytime soon...I just made myself a post-midnight snack of tomato soap, which was yummy, and I'm working my way through scary stories for Carl's R.I.P. mini-challenge. I read two short stories to begin, because I really don't own any scary books. I was a bit disappointed with Lovecraft; I've not read anything of his before, but from what I've heard I guess I just expected more. Maybe the story I picked just wasn't scary enough. "The Watcher in the Mill" was great, though. I read it right next to a window and had the uncomfortable feeling I was being watched the whole time. Creepy! Then I went tearing around my room, trying to find something non-pixelated to scare myself with. In the end, I came across an autographed copy of The Ghosts of Charleston that I've had for who knows how long. It's more historical than horror, but I'm still jumping at random sounds and keeping too many lights on.

Happy reading! :)

1 comment:

dd said...

Yay, go you! I'm definitely going to be staying up for the rest of this too! (As a cheerleader!) ;) Thats a really good-looking selection of books- I especially love the Uglies trilogy! Read on! =D

~Lucy D =)