Sunday, November 02, 2008

The Sunday Salon - 2 November 2008

Good morning, fellow Saloners! For those of you in the U.S., did you enjoy your extra hour of sleep this morning? I know I did! :)

I got quite a few books read this week. I finally finished The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, among others. Here's the list:
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks, E. Lockhart
Paper Towns, John Green
The Dashwood Sisters' Secrets of Love, Rosie Rushton
Ella Minnow Pea, Mark Dunn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, J.K. Rowling (yes, again)
Reviews coming soon!

Book links:
Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab has created some new scents based on The Graveyard Book. Yum!
House made out of books!

I still have reviews to catch up on from the 24-hour Read-a-Thon, but right now I'm off to write my NaNoWriMo novel. Happy Sunday, everyone!

5 comments:

Fyrefly said...

I have a friend who swears by the Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab. I've been meaning to order their sampler pack for a while now, but never got around to it... Thanks for the reminder!

Vasilly said...

Hey, Jessi! I have a lot of same books you listed on my TBr list: Ella Minnow Pea, Paper Towns, Oscar Wao,The Graveyard Book and Frankie Landau.

Why did I have the first sentence of my next chapter in my head and forgot it? *sigh* Have a great Sunday!

Ana S. said...

Happy Sunday to you too, and best of luck with NaNo!

Anonymous said...

best to you as you write!

Anonymous said...

Hello there - remember me :D
I slept after gym ;) and xtra i tihnk 2 hours.. and i enjoyed it :D but just that I couldn't get up after that! :D
[ u know how it is to goto gym after 1 month lol ]

so many books?! - i mnot even telling you how many i read lol! :)

happy Monday to u now :)