Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Recipe Tuesday: Margarita Ice Cream

Feliz cinco de mayo! Did you know that Cinco de Mayo is actually celebrated in the US more than it is in Mexico? Well, it's true, at least according to this website. I may not be chicana, but I am all for any holiday that involves copious amounts of alcohol consumption. (Fun fact: I speak really poor Spanish when I get drunk.) Here's an easy and delicious Cinco de Mayo recipe: Margarita Ice Cream! The recipe comes from Nigella Lawson, and yes, it contains liquor.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup lime juice
2 Tbs tequila
3 Tbs Triple Sec
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
2 cups heavy cream

Pour the lime juice, tequila, and Triple Sec in a bowl. Add in the powdered sugar and stir until dissolved. Add in the cream and whip until thickened but not stiff. Pour into an airtight container, seal, and freeze overnight. Enjoy!

Words cannot describe how yummy this stuff is...it's creamy and sweet, but with a tart little bite to it. Plus: it's the easiest ice cream ever!

5 comments:

Erin Elizabeth said...

I totally saw that episode and printed the recipe during the commercial break. I'm so glad you liked it and I'm dying to make it myself!

Andi said...

Yum is right! That sounds de-licious!

Anonymous said...

Hehehe I know Mr Gnoe is definitely gonna like this!

Eva said...

That sounds awesome!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm!
Yea but. What are you reading these days? Is school crazy with the 'almost-done'?